[SOLVED] Unraid frozen while restoring a damaged drive

twg

I was running 6.3.5 for the longest time and recently upgraded to 6.6.1. I followed all the instructions and everything seems to have gone smoothly. Well recently one of my drives went offline.

I shutdown Unraid, pulled the bad drive and put in a new drive, restarted Unraid, stopped the array and added the new drive to the array, re-started the array. At this point, Unraid started to recreate my damaged drive (one of the data drives).

The next morning, I noticed I couldn't access my Unraid server, no web interface, no telnet, not even the console. I mean the num caps key on my keyboard connected to the Unraid server wasn't even toggling when I pushed it, so it seems the Unraid server is completely frozen.

I'm hesitant to shutdown/reboot, but is that my only option right now ?

What happens when I reboot, will it resume restoring data from where it left off/crashed ?

Edited by twg

i may have another problem which caused this, I noticed my nightly rsync's were failing... and it seems like a mount command is now not working properly ever since I upgraded to latest ver of Unraid, so likely the command mount has probably some new behaviour which is breaking things... it's filling up my rootfs as a result and probably freezing my system... will go for dig and post another thread