New Machine, same disks and new config?

bally12345

Hi Guys,

I just need to check, before I do anything, I have swapped all my drives into a new machine, booted and accessed the gui.

All my disk are missing, do I just need to create a new config and Preserve current assignments: ALL

Use the 'Preserve current assignments' selection to populate the desired disk slots after the array has been reset. By default no disk slots are populated.

Is anything else required? Reboot, start array?

I have made a screenshot of before so assuming just need to make sure I select correct drive for each disk

Unraid 6.6.1

ok new machine is not picking up any disks!!

Also noticed memory has dropped, it should be 24gb only showing 12

Model: N/A
M/B: Supermicro - X8DT3
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Disabled
Cache: 384 kB, 1536 kB, 12288 kB
Memory: 12 GB Multi-bit ECC (max. installable capacity 384 GB)
Network: bond0: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation, mtu 1500
 eth0: 100 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500
 eth1: not connected
Kernel: Linux 4.18.10-unRAID x86_64
OpenSSL: 1.1.0i

Booted into safe mode disk still not appearing. Im guessing it has something to do with the raid card and no disk are showing except the usb.

server-diagnostics-20181021-2306.zip

Looks like I need the sas card in jbod, tried the web config for it but I only have wireless keyboard at moement which doesnt work work. I am assuming just need the card to run in correct mode for the drives to detect in unraid.

Will shutdown and wait until the morning as will definatly need to find wired keyboard.

So the controller card is AOC-SAS2LP I went into to the web bios and cleared the configuration assuming would allow the disks to be visible in unraid but no joy.

The only thing I haven't tried is move the disks to different bays but I because they are visible as in the boot sequence didn't think this would make any difference but out of ideas now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived