[6.6.3] Array has 3 disks with read errors (Solved)

Hello folks - I was transferring three movie files from my desktop PC to my array when the transfer failed on the last file. I checked the unRAID Main page and saw that there were some errors displayed by the Notification tool. See picture below.

I then tried to capture Diagnostics as requested but the process hung. I left it for 20 minutes but nothing was generated. I then looked at the Dashboard and saw the CPU pegged at 100% on all 4 cores.

I clicked Stop Array and left it for another 10 minutes but nothing happened. I tried to Shut Down the array but nothing happened. The only option left was a Forced Shutdown from the power switch. I am aware this will probably have lost all the logs from the situation that caused the error.

I took the server into the other room and attached a monitor and turned the server back on. The SAS card found all drives with no warnings. The unRAID command prompt appeared exactly as expected with no errors displayed so I looked at the Dashboard on my browser. The notifications about the errors were gone of course (with a new complaint that it could not see the UPS).

Now I am aware that I had been disturbing the SAS-SATA leads during my recent rebuild but my concern now is how to check the HDDs for failure warnings and how to recover the data on the array. The current situation is that the array is stopped and has some files in the cache which I do have local copies of.

Please can you advise on the health of the array and the steps I should take to check and recover it. My array is dual parity, 5 data, cache pool. All drives are under warranty.

Thanks.

Error01.JPG

nas-plex-diagnostics-20181026-0705.zip

Edited by DanielCoffey

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have re-seated all the SAS-SATA cables and Started the array. It came up without warnings so I started a Read Check. I got a green notification saying "Notice [NAS-PLEX] - array turned good. Array has 0 disks with read errors" and it is now starting a read check.

On the assumption that it finishes properly, I will report back in a day and mark the thread as solved.