Disks have reverted to an old config (SOLVED)

pursute

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've been seeing a few CRC errors recently so decided to replace my SAS/SATA cables. I shut the box down cleanly, replaced both cables from the SAS card to the drives and then booted up. The system failed on startup as if it had a dirty shutdown and did not boot. I've had this happen a few times before and been able to recover by rebuilding the USB.

To do this I copied all files off the USB to a backup directory, formatted the USB, extracted the install files to it from my previously downloaded zip (unRAIDServer-6.6.2-x86_64.zip) and then overwrote the config directory with the one I copied from the USB.

The server now boots successfully, but it doesn't start the array. The disk configuration it presents is the configuration from before I recently performed a disk upgrade. During the recent upgrade I replaced a failed drive, replaced the parity drive with a larger disk and moved the old parity drive in to the array as a data drive.

The array had been up and healthy for maybe 3-4 weeks on this new drive configuration.

I have not attempted to start the array or move any drives yet.

Can I just put all the drives back where they belong and start the array?

morgan-diagnostics-20181102-2024.zip

Edited by pursute
2 minutes ago, pursute said:

Can I just put all the drives back where they belong and start the array?

If the array was healthy (no disabled drives) and you know the correct assignments you can do a new config, keep current assignments, assign missing disks and check "parity is already valid" before starting the array.