Cannot remote desktop into vm

bobbintb

I have a VM that I created from a physical machine using VMWare. I converted it to img. I am able to boot it but I cannot access it via remote desktop. I have all the firewall rules and everything in place. I have another VM that I can access via remote desktop just fine. I even swapped out the drive image with that machine to rule out the machine config and firewall rules. I checked all the remote desktop settings and they are on. I cannot ping the VM with my laptop but I can ping the laptop from the VM. I'm thinking it might be a driver issue. Is there a particular driver or driver setting that I need to use? I used the Red Hat ethernet drive on virtio-win-0.1.118-2.iso and virtio-win-0.1.141-1.iso but still no luck. Any ideas?

What do you have for the network setting in the problem VM’s configuration?     Typically this issue is due to the network being defined to use ‘virbr0’ which is a NAT type connection only allowing outbound connections.    If that is the case changing to a bridged connection (typically br0) makes the VM visible on the local LAN.