Solved - Cannot write to docker Image error

gacpac

On 12/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, trurl said:

And if you set it to 4G, it's not like you are wasting 4G of space all the time. Let's say you have it set to 4G, and cache fills so that only 5G remain. Then you start to download a 4G file. Since cache has more than minimum, Unraid will choose it and it will go to cache. Afterwards, cache only has 1G remaining, so if you then try to download a 2G file, Unraid will choose the array for that file. And later mover comes along and moves a bunch of stuff so that cache then has 50G free. So lots of room for more stuff to go to cache again.

Do you get what I mean?😉

Of course, I get what you mean. If a bigger file shows, it goes to the array. 

Look what my initial problem was. I was downloading 100GB worth of files, each of them was 600mb, and my cache was set to 2GB.

Cache filled up, and everything broke. So, my solution was to change it to 500Mb, and it somehow worked.

But then I was using Time Machine with the cache for added performance, and each of those files is 8Mb, hence filling up again and breaking everything.  So I had to change the cache setting again. 

Now and then I copy files to the share, backups for VMs and my cache fills up if the files are smaller than what I set for the cache. 

And mover works fine, but my cache SSD is 128gb, which is fine for most people, even for me. And when I'm doing multiple things at once. It tends to fill pretty quick, and I have to do the mover manually, and I'm okay with that because I'm working with the server. 

But I'm downloading couple shows or ISOs for operating systems which tend to vary in sizes. Example, my animes are about 100mb each. IF the cache is set for 2Gb  and the size of what I'm downloading doesn't compare to the limit set, the option for moving to the array will not take place. 

My solution was for now, get the downloads outside the cache and the array and then have the Sonarr or Radarr move it. Additionally, I created a path for some downloads or operations, to the cache, and a location that saves in the array. 

What would be nice is that I could set up a limit meaning, If the cache drive is 90 or 95% full, go to the array.

Hey, maybe I have a wrong setting. I can send a screenshot of what I have. At first, I sent the logs, and they quickly figured it was the cache filling too quickly.