Large file copy issues inside windows VM

This issue has been bothering me for a while.  I am confident that I am not the only one who has seen this.  I have a single 1TB XFS formatted SSD cache drive, typical setup.  Docker containers, VMs all on cache drive.  My windows VM runs uTorrent and my download directory is the Cache drive. 

I use the windows VM to rename and move my torrents to their correct directories for plex to read.  For about a year, if I try to torrent a large torrent, like 75-100 GG, my VM will slow to a crawl, or it will sometimes freeze and "reset".  By that, I mean it will freeze then come back to life, but all of my torrents will have errors like they lost the UNC path. 

Also large file copies originating from inside the VM will fail as well.  For instance, I am inside my windows VM and I browse to \\unraid\cache\.Torrents and I want to copy something to \\Unraid\Movies, windows will throw errors like the destination path disappears.

This is probably unrelated, but I didnt notice this issue until I moved from a 500GB SSD to a 1TB SSD.  I event went as far as to swap the 1TB SSD with a new 1TB SSD...  no change.  Also my AOC Supermicro controller started acting up with later versions of unraid, so I thought that might be the culprit.  I swapped that controller with a Dell H310.  Same behavior.

Has anyone else seen similar behavior?