Hard Drive Monitor V6.6.6

Melocco

I know this is going to be a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if there is a plugin, app or a command or anything that would tell me in order which hard drive is oldest or has the most bad sector counts. I have been slowly updating my system (thanks to everyone that helped with the hardware side). I do have older hard drives in the build (mainly because I already had the drives and I don't have a fortune to buy all new hard drives. I am slowly upgrading the drives since everything else is working great. I'm switching from standard drives (barracuda etc.) to better nas style drives (Ironwolf sata and enterprise sas). 

But for every drive, I have to go look at every drive and look at the smart data and see which is older or the long way, pull up the serial numbers and mark them. I know unraid tells me in the dashboard if they are good or not, but I was just wondering..  Thanks for any info..  

I may have said this kinda wrong.   Basically is there a app or something other than smart that would let me know or test a hard drive? I know preclear (which I use on all my new drives) but once it's in the pool, is there a way to test them? I just need to figure out which drives need to be replaced first..  Thanks in advance. 

You can run Short or Extended SMART tests by clicking on the drive to get to its page then go to Self-Test.

Also, if you go to Attributes on a drive, there are arrows near the top right that let you page through the SMART attributes for all drives.

Do you have Notifications setup to alert you immediately by email or other agent when Unraid detects SMART issues? If so then I would say if it ain't broke don't fix it as far as any sort of pro-active disk replacement.

I have always just replaced them to get more capacity, not because they were too old. I always recommend fewer, larger disks to get the capacity needed. Larger disks perform somewhat better due to increased density, and fewer disks means fewer opportunities for problems.