USB Mic Blue Snowball Windows 10 VM

pappaq

Hello there,

I've got the following problem. For my gaming VM I want to passthrough my Blue Snowball USB microphone. That does work. I see it in the Win10 VM and it gets the current drivers and all but I can't get it to run in teamspeak or any other sound recording software. On my normal Laptop it works like a charm. I've tried to change from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 in the VM settings but that doesn't change anything. Does anyone got a clou?

Greetings

Passthrough of USB works, But can be unstable. If you find it dropping the mic or any other USB devices consider a more stable method. Assigning the entire USB controller to the VM using IOMMU groups. If possible. Is suggested. If your limited on USB ports that way. Consider a USB hub. Their cheap. And you can use it to break your limited VM assigned USBs into a larger group of ports (This is what i do). If their USB 3.0+ there should be more then enough bandwidth for most use cases.

• Like 1
On 12/28/2018 at 10:46 PM, metathias said:

Passthrough of USB works, But can be unstable. If you find it dropping the mic or any other USB devices consider a more stable method. Assigning the entire USB controller to the VM using IOMMU groups. If possible. Is suggested. If your limited on USB ports that way. Consider a USB hub. Their cheap. And you can use it to break your limited VM assigned USBs into a larger group of ports (This is what i do). If their USB 3.0+ there should be more then enough bandwidth for most use cases.

I've got an aditional USB controller card in the system. I will try that out. The passthrough is pretty fiddly when switching the USB devices from one PC to the other. Thank you for the input!