Windows 10 has become unusable suddenly after a year

lordoxide

Team,

I need some help, even where to start troubleshooting this issue. I have a 6.6.6 unraid server (i keep it updated), with a Windows 10 VM running, OVFM, 10GB Ram, 250 GB of SSD on a cache only share (backed by two 480GB SSD), pass through 770 GTX, and USB controller for all my peripherals. I have been having no issues for well over a year, this has been my primary work from home and gaming rig. I upgraded from 3x 23" 1080p monitors to 2x 28" 4k monitors and I noticed games were struggling, I assumed it was just that the GTX 770 was having a hard time with 4k. Then i started noticing that machine itself was slow, browsers were taking awhile to open etc. So I dropped the resolution of both monitors to 1080, and the problem still persists, in fact it feels like its getting worse day by day.

My gut tells me there is a problem with the disk, either the raw image the VM uses is corrupted, or something is going on behind the scenes with the btrfs. I have ran a scrub from the dashboard and it found no issues. 

I have also noticed CPU is getting pegged and not just on the 4 CPUs i pass to the VM (i start with 4 isolcpus), but the 2 pinned for the emulator and even the other 2 not used at all seem to jump and peg 100% when the windows vm is running

Any help in at least starting to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived