Docker files owned by root. How to change it?

Hello unraid forums

I am using this docker container to sync files from a FTP site:

https://github.com/ipsingh06/seedsync

It runs great and I have set it up so it works with persistent settings and such. The only problem I have is that files that are created are owned by root. I know this is the default behavior but how do I change it? I want to be able to move files around on all machines connected to that share but that is not allowed while owned by root.

Edited by Michel Amberg
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Even with root owning the files, that's not a problem so long as permissions are correct.  If you can adjust the permissions of the written files within the container's settings to be 0777 you won't have any problems.

hmm I don't know how to do that :/ I am pretty new to docker have some linux background.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 12:58 AM, Michel Amberg said:

This is my container settings:

image.thumb.png.06dafaa5044a9b1d938a9ee352e7c27b.png

I have recently started setting up my unRAID server and was looking for a service to do just this. apparently the developer had (about 19 hours ago) updated the system to resolve the user permissions issue listed.

but i would love some help if i may, when i try to add this i'm not prompted with any of the web-UI or sync setting options and am quite puzzled as to what i'm doing wrong.

seedsync..JPG

29 minutes ago, trurl said:

Move the slider at upper right to from Basic View to Advanced View

Thanks for the reply, im afraid however advanced opens up manual control of the icon and forced port but the parameters do not match the required 'config' and 'download' options unless you may know what the 'extra parameters and post args represent?

seedsync_advanced.JPG

Edited by radfx

Thanks for the reply,

I understand that I have to give the software the parameters it wants for it to work, my issue in even the example you gave linked is that I’m not getting an option field to enter those. I’m getting (with advanced on) webui and parameters.

no fields for config path , no host path or host key fields

these are the instructions from the developer attached

but if you do part my screenshot to OP’s he has a lot more fields to fill out

i have tried going via terminal and typing in the command as listed (bypassing the store/docker repository completely) but I may not have had the path set correctly. 

My issue is not being given the path options at setup (as seen in the images)to set in the first place

1B748468-7136-4388-9433-5D8F86CBCBF3.jpeg