Can't provision SSL cert (Ubiquiti edgerouter X)

jayarmstrong

I get the same helpful error everyone else mentions but the instructions I've found don't help at all. Anyone have a setup that works?

Error:

Sorry, an error (403) occurred provisioning your SSL certificate. The error is: Your router or DNS server has DNS rebinding protection enabled, preventing 3456bc389f58d614a928e91a6438e2075bfa9e0d.unraid.net 192.168.1.10 resolution. See Help for more details and workarounds

Edgerouter settings:

# show service dns forwarding
cache-size 150
listen-on switch0
options rebind-domain-ok=/unraid.net/

I seem to recall that some DNS server (Often connected with your IPS) prevent rebinding.  This can often be fixed by using Public DNS servers.  

To do this, got  Settings   >>>  Network Settings    Turn on the 'Help' Function (Which will provide you with insight as to what you are doing) and change the 'IPv4 DNS server assignment:'  setting to Static     

Now, in the  'IPv4 DNS server assignment:'  Entry Box, enter Public DNS server address that you want to use.  Do the same for the 'IPv4 DNS server assignment 2:' Entry Box.   A good choice are the Google public DNS server IP addresses which are     8.8.8.8   and   8.8.4.4    (The Google servers are a good choice as they work anywhere in the world.) 

Archived