Not sure which Plex app I need

I just installed the community plugins and enabled docker as per Spaceinvader's video (helpful).  I'm trying to move my Plex from my PC to my server, but when I look to install Plex from the media applications, I see several plex apps and I don't know which one I need to install (or multiple?).  I have a lifetime plex pass, if that matters.  My media is already on the server.  Any help is much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Thatsmystapler said:

I just installed the community plugins and enabled docker as per Spaceinvader's video (helpful).  I'm trying to move my Plex from my PC to my server, but when I look to install Plex from the media applications, I see several plex apps and I don't know which one I need to install (or multiple?).  I have a lifetime plex pass, if that matters.  My media is already on the server.  Any help is much appreciated.

I use Binhex plex pass works without issue and is maintained but all seem to work just a preference since I use many of Binhex dockers

On 2/9/2019 at 2:00 PM, Thatsmystapler said:

And I use the Linuxserver.io Plex Server without issue.  It's just a preference since I use many of the LSIO dockers. I also use a couple of Binhex's fine dockers.

There are at least four different Plex Media Server dockers.  You only need one.  There are other Plex-related dockers which you may choose to install.

Some dockers require separate versions for Plexpass and non-Plexpass use.  Others will work with either and you specify if you have a Plexpass within the docker setup.

All of the Plex Media Server dockers (Bixhex, LSIO, Plex Inc. and Limetech) work well and do the same thing.  There will likely be a few differences in the Docker configuration, but the end result is the same.

UPDATE:  The Limetech Plex server docker container has been deprecated and is no longer supported.  One of the other three (LSIO, Binhex, Plex Inc.) should be used.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1