Torrenters, what's your setup? Plex vs. Kodi & torrent clients discussion.

plantsandbinary

Hey folks.

Those of you that run a torrent client on your server (doesn't have to be unraid), how do you have it set up? I'm looking to improve my setup to make the process more automatic so I don't have to manually delete files or move them to Plex.

I have memberships on a lot of private sites with autodl-irssi set up on a few of them. Currently I'm only using r/ruTorrent but I'm considering a swap to another client and to RSS because loading torrents instantly after they are added isn't such a big concern for me any more. Also ruTorrent is really, really buggy and very slow to load and even slower to delete files from my server.

• What torrent client do people use here?
  • Do you use a docker/setup with VPN enabled?
  • Do you use Radarr, Sonarr, etc?
  • Do you use Plex or Kodi? (Why?)
  • How do you remove torrents that you've downloaded, automatically? When/why?

Guides/detailed info would really be appreciated.

I use bin-hex's suite of dockers: delugevpn, radarr, sonarr & jackett. My VPN is PIA, no d/l or u/l speed issues whatsoever. Using the built in privoxy app in the delugevpn docker, I point jackett, radar & sonarr to use that proxy. 

I use both plex & Emby. Plex because it is handy for watching in bed (my smart tv has plex), when out & about & for family members/friends to share my libraries. ( i use the tautulli docker to monitor usage)

Emby, I use as a backend for Kodi, as the kodi add-on for plex is MUCH faster than the plex version. Plus, I like the cinema mode in Emby.

I use a windows HTPC for Kodi.

For removing torrents, I use the deluge egg called autoremoveplus, I generally seed for 1 month, unless it is very popular, then I seed for longer just to help out. Music & e-books, I seed forever due to the smaller file sizes.

• Like 1