Fan Control on DELL

Need some help controlling fan speeds on a DELL motherboard. I know that this board can have software controlled fans, under Windows I can run SpeedFan successfully. 

I tried Dynamix Fan Control plugin, but it does not find / detect PWM controller - I'm not sure if there's a way to manually add drivers.

I also tried to follow this guide to manually create a script but running pwmconfig command returns:

There are no pwm-capable sensor modules installed.

sensors-detect command returns the following

# Chip drivers
modprobe coretemp
modprobe jc42

What else can I try? Any way to load up drivers for Dynamix Fan Control?

Edited by avp2306
  • Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Either no one uses dell servers, or they are so clunky that no one has any answers.  I too am looking for a better solution!  With the dynamix plugin, i can control x2 out of all the fan headers, kind of (it shows x3, but one i don't have any control over).  The rest of the fans i have to set on high in bios, or they stay slow and let the system overheat during heavy workloads or if boot hangs!   its so frustrating/weird how little fan control we have in unRAID.  

I wish i knew coding, cuz i would just write my own scripts...if thats even possible.

• 3 months later...

Hi there, 

Same issue - different scenario - i recently did a case swap from an Optiplex 7 Series DELL Workstation moving into a Fractal Node 804. As DELL doesnt give a d**n on proper ATX Standards i got myself a swap kit to just be able connecting the Sensors and Front Panel Stuff properly. 

here : 

Works pretty well but no chance since months to take control of that CPU fan - Bios says "adaptive CPU Fan Speed" (brilliant ;)) but fan goes up to max all the time. (Coolermaster Hyper 212)

Wondering if there is anyway to go to solve this issue and controlling it in unraid?