Suggestions on reconfig of SSDs/cache pool?

I'd like some advice on a reconfigure of my cache/SSD drives. I've been using a 4-SSD cache pool for quite some time (~500 GB total size), housing my appdata, Dockers, and a single Windows 10 VM. I have noticed that when files are transferred to/being unpacked on the cache pool that my Dockers appear to hang. I figure it may help performance by separating out some of these SSDs for specific purposes. In preparation I've purchased 2 additional 500 GB SSDs, and I plan on sunsetting 2 of the 4 existing 250 GB SSDs.

My initial thought is to just remove the pool all together and setup the following:

• 500 GB SSD for cache (maybe x2 for a pool, but just not sure if its necessary)
    • I used to have the mover run once per week, but if I did remove the redundancy benefits of the pool, I'd just run it nightly to limit the potential for loss to one day.
  • 250 GB SSD for VM
  • 250 GB SSD for Dockers/appdata
    • I'd need to set up a backup script to write the data of these other SSDs to the array... maybe a combination of the CA appdata backup plugin and some other script for the VM

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or perhaps you have your system configured in an optimal way to minimize apparent Docker/VM hangs on write? Thanks so much!!

Edited by kaiguy