Show the date a disk was installed on the dashboard

I track the date each disk was installed on so I get an idea of how much time is left before a drive dies, but it would be really nice to have this information displayed on the main dashboard, maybe with an option to change the date text to red after a user-specified threshold?

Edited by Vocatus
  • 5 months later...

+1

I know you added this request a long time ago now, but I had just found that when you click on the disk, there is a section at the bottom where you can manually input the manufacturing date, date of purchase, and the warranty. I just want it to automatically put a date there for the first day that drive's serial was seen by Unraid.

12 hours ago, ucrbuffalo said:

+1

I know you added this request a long time ago now, but I had just found that when you click on the disk, there is a section at the bottom where you can manually input the manufacturing date, date of purchase, and the warranty. I just want it to automatically put a date there for the first day that drive's serial was seen by Unraid.

The issue being that the manufacturing date,date of purchase and warranty end are generally different and I would say be best for the user to manually edit.

However what would be nice is.. When you install a new drive a popup window is opened and asks you to enter these details.

1 hour ago, Conmyster said:

The issue being that the manufacturing date,date of purchase and warranty end are generally different and I would say be best for the user to manually edit.

However what would be nice is.. When you install a new drive a popup window is opened and asks you to enter these details.

That could be an option after it populates the installed date. I have a few disks lying around that I use when I lose a disk. Knowing when it entered the array would be handy. Maybe even a history. Disk xxx was installed unassigned xx date, added to array xx date. 

3 minutes ago, dalben said:

That could be an option after it populates the installed date. I have a few disks lying around that I use when I lose a disk. Knowing when it entered the array would be handy. Maybe even a history. Disk xxx was installed unassigned xx date, added to array xx date. 

A log of of disk install etc would be nice to see as well, instead I am guessing currentlu buried in the system logs.