Jump to content
joeloooiz

Two disks unmountable after a clean operation

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere before. I left out of town with two, 10 TB drives cleaning. I just got back and have an error that says both disks are unmountable. 

 

I am attaching my diagnostics for assistance. I appreciate any help I can get. 

 

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20190314-1654.zip

Share this post


Link to post

That's expected, both need to be formatted after clearing, next to array start/stop button.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for the response. Before I could try that a reboot of the server showed the drives mounted and a part of the array but a parity rebuild needed to take place. I guess I'll wait 8 more days to find out if that worked or not. 

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, joeloooiz said:

a reboot of the server showed the drives mounted and a part of the array

Only if you formatted them, Unraid doesn't format disks by itself.

Share this post


Link to post

I honestly don't know how it did that. I don't remember specifically telling it to format the drives. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, joeloooiz said:

I don't remember specifically telling it to format the drives. 

It's the only possibility.

 

7 minutes ago, joeloooiz said:

I guess I'll wait 8 more days to find out if that worked or not. 

This is an extremely long time for a parity sync, and mostly the result of the controller you're using, which has or is connected to several port multipliers.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

This is an extremely long time for a parity sync, and mostly the result of the controller you're using, which has or is connected to several port multipliers.

You are absolutely correct. I have my drives connected to a SATA expander. I got my hands on an old Backblaze storage pod 1 which uses port multipliers to get up to 45 drives into it. Its slow indeed.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now