Different Serial Numbers after moving to new hardware

I've recently moved my seven drives (6x8TB HDD + 1TB SSD) from my HP N40L to a Lenovo TS140. I'm on unRAID 6.4.1. On the HP N40L two drives were connected via an external dock by eSATA. Unfortunately the  Lenovo doesn't have an eSATA port so I've connected those same two drives in the same dock with a USB cable.

My problem is that those two drives are showing up as 'no device' but listed in the appropriate dropdown menus with their serial numbers formatted sligtly differently eg. original format of Disk 4 was:
STAS0002-1NA***_Z*****EB - 8 TB whereas in the drop down menu it shows as:
ST8000AS_002-1NA***_Z*****EB - 8 TB (The number/letters iv'e asterisked are identical in both). The same goes for Disk 5 and it's drop down menu. When I select the differently formatted drives in the drop down it shows 'wrong'.

I think this may be due to the new connection method via a USB cable instead of eSATA. Anyway after a bit of research I think I may just be able to do a new config and assign all the drives to their correct slots and not lose any data. Can someone please confirm this and any other consequences of doing this or suggest an alternative. Thanks.

2 hours ago, b0ll0xxx said:

I think this may be due to the new connection method via a USB cable instead of eSATA.

It is and one of the reason USB is not recommended.

2 hours ago, b0ll0xxx said:

I may just be able to do a new config and assign all the drives to their correct slots and not lose any data. Can someone please confirm this and any other consequences of doing this or suggest an alternative. Thanks.

It should work, but some USB enclosures have other issues besides the identification, for example sometimes don't pass the full disk size, but there should be no harm in trying, if the disks don't mount correctly don't format.