constant missing disk message in main

Here goes.....I recently had 2 major drive failures.  That's OK as I had new ones to put in and besides that, some of the drives were old and I wanted to replace them any way.  Sooooo, I started from a completely new, clean install.  Everything went great was able to preclear drives, format, etc.  Got to parity sync and all started well except for one drive when read was coming back with nothing but constant errors.  I stopped the parity sync as I decided, since this is a fresh install, why start with error indicators.  I checked the sata cable and found that the tip was bad and probably wasn't making good connection.  I had 3 start cables from my LSI Logic LSI00344 9300-8i SGL SAS 8Port 12Gb/s PCIE3.0 HBA Controller, so I swapped, rebooted...Now I get nothing but a missing disk indication, I can't clear it, I won't let me put in another drive, I can't start array.  I have all new cables for the controller coming but I can't believe I have multiple cable errors as other drives connected to the controller are being read just fine.  Anyone have any thoughts? I hope....

Sigh, while I was waiting, I did that.  Went to new config,  check the box that I wanted to do that....selected it...went back to array and nothing.  Still the same issue.  Tried a reboot, and still the same.  Nothing is working and I'm about ready to see how far an unraid array can fly

JohnathanM.....great news!  I shut down, pulled the plug, went to off on the psu, pulled the LSI card, turned back on rebooted.  Got errors, many in fact, as I expected.  Powered down, pulled plug and turned off psu again, replaced LSI card, hooked power back in, powered up, and Voila!  Now have all good disk showing and unit went straight to parity sync!  Best of all, the disk that was nothing but read errors is running without error!!  I'm thinking I'm buying some new cables!