VM VNC Performance

I'm new to unraid and VMs in general and I'm curious if my expectations were too high.  My system consist of an i7 7700 with 16gb ddr4, running a Deepin VM on an ssd using the UD plugin.  The on-board intel graphics are set to primary and a GTX 750ti is passed through to the VM.  

I installed TigerVNC and I'm able to remote into the VM, things work but the graphics performance is a bit slow even on my local network.  Even using it as a standard desktop I have audio issues (which I'm sure I can read up on and solve).  Going in I was expecting to be able to remotely access the VM with performance on par with it being used as a local desktop through since I have a fiber 250/250 connection.  Is that possible?

• 6 months later...

If you want really good graphics performance then you should use a monitor directly attached to the passed-through GPU as you will never get anything close to bare-metal when accessing it remotely.   Also the browser based VNC client included with Unraid does not support round.

Having said that you can get far better graphics performance remotely by using a different client installed into the VM.   Many people use something like Remote Desktop but my personal favourite from both a performance and capabilities perspective is NoMachine which is free for personal use (NoMachine also supports sound).