Advices to finalise Ryzen build

J05u

Mostly server will be used for Multimedia and VM (i want to launch some light games). Maybe later i will find out more ways how i can use it

Currently i made this config:

Flash drive: Sandisk 16gb 5£

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 --- 134£ 8 cores looks a bit better than 6 cores 2600 for 134£

Or 2200G for 85£

Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus, only one reason - its very cheap for x370 board 65£

PSU: Evga BT - 450W Bronze Plus 34£ cheap and decent quality. In far future when i will have more drives i can pick something with Platinum sertification

RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 MHz RAM, i have 2 sticks 8 gb each

GPU: Asus GT710 35£

Cache SSD: 240gb Kingston 27£

Basically everything brand new. Only Hard Drives left, but it's separate story, i can take them out from my DS 214 play

So in total my expenses

Cheapest way with 2200G and without GPU - 216

Or more expensive one with 8 cores and a lot off potential to play with: 300, maybe even 370 if go for GTX 1050.

What do you think about this?

This may be a bit late, but wanted to contribute. 

Would help recommendation if I knew more about the use case.  Multimedia, but are you just hosting files or doing transcoding?  And a single Windows VM- will it be the daily diver?

* CPU cores, plan for more so go with the 8 cores if you can.  Once you start using Docker and some VMs, you will be glad to have extra cores to dedicate to tasks

* Cache drive- go for more space if you plan to use some VM's (especially for gaming and caching media)

Everything else looks good.

This looks very similar to my build.

unRAID Plus | Array 40TB (4x 8TB array, 1x 8TB Parity, 0x SSD Cache) | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core @ 3400 MHz (C states turned off in BIOS) | ASRock X370 Taichi | 16 GiB DDR4 Multi-bit ECC RAM | EVGA GTX 1050ti | Thermaltake Suppressor F51

I went with the ASRock X370 Taichi because it features 8 SATA ports (plus 2 by ASMedia ASM1061).  I've been very happy with this build running very well for several months primarily as a Plex media server.

The MSI X370 SLI Plus features 6 SATA ports.

I disabled Ryzen C-state in BIOS settings.