Asus K8V-X

I have an Asus K8V-X, and last night I was able to get it to boot from USB. 

For LAN, it has Marvell Yukon 88E 8001 GB LAN.  I see from the hardware list Marvell is on there, so this should be good to go?

For IDE/SATA, it uses the VIA VT8237 controller.  I do not see support for this on the hardware list, but searching through the forums I found something about Tom building a kernal that would support this, so does 4.1 support it now?

It would be great to get this mobo up and working, as I have a 3000+ with 1.5gigs of Ram in it ready to go.

I am not sure how that post is relevant to my question, perhaps you linked to the wrong thread?

I have since found out that the Via VT8237 does not support SATA2 drives, and the drives have to be clocked down to 150 instead of 300.

But I would still like to get this mobo working, because I could use promise SATA cards, so no big deal.

I am not sure how that post is relevant to my question, perhaps you linked to the wrong thread?

I have since found out that the Via VT8237 does not support SATA2 drives, and the drives have to be clocked down to 150 instead of 300.

But I would still like to get this mobo working, because I could use promise SATA cards, so no big deal.

The poster talks about trying two boards, one uses the same SATA chip and the other does not.  It is not clear which board the poster got to work.

Bill