Is a i5-2400/3470 enough for unRAID + Windows + Ubuntu?

I'm planning to dive into Virtualization. My current system can't pass through a GPU to VM because it has only 1 GPU. (it's an lga775 system) I'm going to get parts for a dedicated VM-Server with GPU passthrough but I can't decide that the parts I have chosen are enough.

So I'm going to get an i5-2400 or a 3470 CPU with 8GB of RAM. I already have GPUs.

For the motherboard, I'm looking for a model which has at least 2 PCIe slots and supports VT-x and VT-d. Is there anything else I should look for?

I was told that the FX-8350 is getting pretty cheap and it has 8 cores but as I know, it can cook itself as it needs more than 120W.

For VMs, I will try to use unRAID as host OS, Windows 10 for very light gaming (Assetto Corsa, often GTAV) and Ubuntu for mail-server or I will try to run macOS. I won't run 3 VMs at the same time but I think, I will run 2. On macOS, I will do everyday tasks and little Xcode programming, so nothing very heavy.

Will an i5-2400 be enough for at least 2 VMs? I don't want to go higher than 40 bucks for CPU. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Enough, the i5 3470S is about the same in multi core as the Intel G4560, but it is much more efficient and the iGPU masters better, more codec.
I wouldn't choose an FX CPU, power guzzler.

For 2 VMs you can also take a simple Atom Pentium. ASUS Prime N4000T as an example.