Broken sata connector M4A89GTD PRO

Since the beginning i've had a lose sata connector on this motherboard, however it worked fine (until now). Unraid said a disk was missing, i knew it was that disk who was connected on the lose port. So i tried plugging the cable out and in but then i had the connector in my hands...

So i'll guess i'm asking for an rma. However i wish i could fix this myself so that i don't have this hassle wich will cost me a few weeks. Is there any way to put the connector back on? And if i do choose to rma this motherboard, will the new (same) motherboard works out of the box with unraid? I haven't got any data on my disks yet, just an empty parity and disk one, and two more that just have finished preclearing.

The same thing happened to me.  My wife had enough patience to put it back on (God knows I would have thrown my whole server over a cliff if it wasn't for her).

The main thing is not to bend any of the connections and go slow.

If you do want to replace the whole board - a direct swap will work fine.  And as for the same thing happening again - I would say it's very possible, those connectors seem to be fragile.  Especially if you have a SATA cable with a lock and you try to yank it off the MB - THAT IS A BIG NO-NO.

The same thing happened to me.  My wife had enough patience to put it back on (God knows I would have thrown my whole server over a cliff if it wasn't for her).

The main thing is not to bend any of the connections and go slow.

If you do want to replace the whole board - a direct swap will work fine.  And as for the same thing happening again - I would say it's very possible, those connectors seem to be fragile.  Especially if you have a SATA cable with a lock and you try to yank it off the MB - THAT IS A BIG NO-NO.

Respect for the wife, a bit to late about not bending the connections...RMA it is!