1 Parity and 1 Data disk have failed

PcPuter

Disks look fine, suggest you replace the SASLP ASAP.

To return the array to normal, start it, check that disk4 is mounting correctly and contents look OK, if all good you can re-sync parity and rebuild that disk at the same time, preferably already using a recommended controller, like an LSI, or same thing might happen again.

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to be replayed. Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before re-running xfs_repair. If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair. Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount of the filesystem before doing this.

I believe I have already replaced the data that was stored on this drive.  What is the best way to get it mounted and tested?

Because I have already replaced the data that was on this disk, can I format it, or should I wait for the new 8TB disk that should show up today?  I ordered two 8-TB disks, one to replace the parity disk that failed.  I feel my best option is to put the two new 8TB disks as parity then use the old parity disk as data.

Archived