Actions (clicking on links, updating apps) extremely slow

ensnare

Hi guys, new Unraid user here. I'm having trouble figuring out the cause of my global slowness in Unraid 6.7.2. Read/writes from the array are fine, the problem is when I perform tasks on the server. Anything from updating a docker, checking for App updates, saving changes, etc... takes 3-5 minutes to complete. When I look on the server, CPU usage is < 2% and there are no iowait activities. Memory usage is < 2% as well. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong in /var/log/syslog that I can find. I can't figure this out. Attached is my diagnostics, any help would be greatly appreciated!

tera-diagnostics-20190715-1106.zip

You have some segfaults in your syslog file.  These are usually indicators of memory issues.  I would suggest that you run memtst for twenty-four hours.  

Next you have several issues raised by the Fix Common Problems plugin.  Are you planning to address them? 

EDIT:  top is showing that you have/had a Plex transcoding going on that the time you collected the Diagnostics file.  This process is usually quite CPU intensive.  I can't tell how your server is setup but it appears that you might have VM also running.  You probably need to have a look at how you have your CPU cores allocated. 

Archived