What causes Parity errors?

Running the initial beta. The last two times i've checked parity it's come back with errors - LOTSof them. :o Any idea what causes this or how to avoid it? When I shut down I use the WEB interface and use that to reboot too. Would hate to lose a disk and lose data because of a parity issue!

• 2 weeks later...

Gah, been away awhile!

No, during normal operation I don't ever see increasing Parity Errors. I have seen this during a Parity check once or twice and it would come back and state that the Parity wasn't correct. At one point it seemed to hang checking parity with errors ever climbing - I hated it and restarted. My config is exactly your recommended one - Intel M/B, 2x Promise controllers, 1Gig memory. I am running the first beta release of new code on my USB stick. This error has only ever hit me a few times and the system has been ticking along fine for awhile now. I did lose data once during a reboot when it didn't recognize a drive as having been setup already http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.0;topicseen however that hasn't occured a second time. I've also not had to reboot my system in weeks.... Dunno' if the two are related - will be reading that thread next.