Moved drives to USB - how to keep data?

Hey everyone,

I tried finding something on this and I am a bit confused if this is even possible.

I moved my drives to a different usb enclosure and the drive IDs changed because of that (for example "ST4000VN008-2DR166_ZGY2YXTV" is now "008-2DR166_152D00539000-0:2").

As a consequence, unRaid does not know the drives anymore, and simply assigning them to the correct slots (I know which drive is which) does not work, since there are "too many wrong or missing drives".

Is there any way to force unRaid to accept the assignments and keep the data?

What would the process be if I lost my config, need to start over, and want to keep my data? Surely there is some way of telling unRaid the correct disk configuration even though it does not know the drives (yet)? What would happen if I just deleted "super.dat"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at a loss right now.

Best regards

Tools -> New config then check "parity is already valid" before starting the array.

But note that some USB enclosures use a custom partition, don't pass the whole disk size, and the disks could be unmountable in Unraid if that's the case, though they would work again if connected directly after another new config.

Thanks for the fast reply. In "New Config" I only have the option to "Preserve current assignments" for Parity Slots, Data Slots and Cache Slots. There is no "Parity is already valid" option. Can you elaborate?

My cache disks are fine and correctly mounted btw, so I do not need to worry about those but of course do not want to lose data on them either.