accessing share from a different subnet that unraid is using

Why is your router blocking traffic in between private subnets ?

Did you try reaching the share via IP-Adress or Hostname ?

Beeing in different subnets can be the reason for not resolving the hostname of the server, but with a firewall configured correctly (Communication in between private subnets is possible) you should still be able to access the server/share via the correct IP adress.

5 hours ago, Kevek79 said:

Why is your router blocking traffic in between private subnets ?

Did you try reaching the share via IP-Adress or Hostname ?

Beeing in different subnets can be the reason for not resolving the hostname of the server, but with a firewall configured correctly (Communication in between private subnets is possible) you should still be able to access the server/share via the correct IP adress.

Hi! Thx for replay. I intentionally wanted to avoid connection between both subnets, that is why I implemented the following firewall rule (Microtik):

add action=drop chain=forward comment="drop traffic from lan2 to lan1" dst-address=192.168.1.0/24 src-address=192.168.49.0/24

Now that I dropped all communication between both I only need the vm access the unraid share. I was asking just to make sure that the only option to make it work is modifiying the rule I posted in the firewall or maybe adding a new rule before that one "opening" a specific port and specifying mac addresses of both vm and unraid ethernet adapter.

Maybe you can confirm this is the way to go.

Rgds

EDIT: which port should I use? vm is accessing the web and the unraid share. no ftp,etc.

Edited by luca2