Stale Config - Sometimes

Jarvis24

Hi all

I'm having a problem where when I reboot my server not all of my drives are detected.

The weird thing is that it seems like its different drives being detected each time. And prior to the reboot I didn't notice any problems or issues with the drives (not that that necessarily means anything). This results in a stale config of course.

I had this happen once before. I rebooted a few times. Drives would sporadically show up. And I ended up getting back up after uninstalling all plugins and stopping VMs. I was lazy and didn't investigate any further. I've rebooted again and now have the same issue. I've tried uninstalling every plugin, disabling VMs. Dockers. Shares. Thinking that something during startup was causing this.

Any ideas what would cause this? Attaching diags. here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jarvis

alfred-diagnostics-20190804-1938.zip

Well here's an interesting update... I'm not sure what I did. But I'm back up. I reinstalled a few plugins. But didn't change anything else. And did a "shutdown -r now" via ssh and it came back up...detecting all drives.

But I'd still love feedback if anyone knows what happened. I had previously done a "shutdown -r now" I thought earlier in troubleshooting.

alfred-diagnostics-20190804-2009.zip

And a third update. Looks like its just a cache drive not showing up at all now. Is it possible a failing cache drive caused all of these problems? I had a cache pool with two disks one new, one old. One isn't showing up, the other now is uncountable with no FS at all. Which is unfortunate since it contained all of my appdata.

EDIT: After a reboot again back to square one with many missing drives. So this has all got to be related to drives being detected. GAH!

Oooh! Thanks! I've got easier physical access to it this weekend so I'll have to check drive connections. I'm also wondering if my RAID card maxes out at 8 drives and if that's causing issues too. I've been lazy and left a few drives plugged in and unassigned that I'm no longer using.

Archived