Docker/CacheDrive goes down with Parity Check.

Hey all, I've had a consistent problem for the past 5+ years with UnRaid taking down the cache drive when a parity check happens (monthly). For this reason I've been running an NUC for Home Automation dockers as this needs to stay up, or at least be back up by the morning. I'd like to put an i7 in and return everything back to UnRaid, but I'll have to solve this issue. I'm currently running 6.7.2 but it's been happening for a long time.

IMG_7951.jpeg.c049b596fefecf7a536daf98b4e27a43.jpeg

I've attached my syslog, it would be great to get this resolved.

Thanks

Christian

syslog.txt

On 8/9/2019 at 7:03 AM, johnnie.black said:

Syslog is just after rebooting, nothing to see, next time post after the problem happens, and please post the full diagnostics (tools -> diagnostics)

Sorry about that, a reboot resolves everything and I didn't realise the logs would re-set, it then took a while overnight to re-fail. Here are the full logs. Thanks!

marvin-diagnostics-20190810-0918.zip

SSD is dropping offline:

Aug  9 23:44:34 Marvin kernel: ata6: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 320)
Aug  9 23:45:04 Marvin kernel: ata6.00: qc timeout (cmd 0xec)
Aug  9 23:45:04 Marvin kernel: ata6.00: failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x4)
Aug  9 23:45:04 Marvin kernel: ata6.00: revalidation failed (errno=-5)
Aug  9 23:45:04 Marvin kernel: ata6.00: disabled

Since it's only during a check it's not likely a cable problem, most like a controller problem, because of the activity on the other disks, Marvell controllers are not recommended for some time, though some work better than others, you could try swapping the SSD to one of the onboard SATA ports, but risk a disk dropping instead, IMHO best bet would be to replace it with a non Marvell controller.

Great thanks for the info! I was more worried it was a power supply issue.

I can get same day delivery on this:
Semlos 4 Ports Sil3114 PCI Sata Raid Controller Card with 2 Sata Cables https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L2X6DE6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SqPtDbWJ9X274

Which is a Silicon image SIL 3114 host controller chip.

Or have you got any other suggestions?
Thanks
Christian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...