Cache Drive Full, Unraid only writing to 1 of my 3 drives (SOLVED) - Configuration issue

I have a new Unraid set up.  I have four 10 TB drives and one 1 TB Cache drive.  One of my four 10 TB drives is my parity drive, the others are my storage.  So I have 30TB of space plus my 1 TB cache drive.

The issue that I am having is that my cache drive is full as is one of my 10TB drives.  My other two drives have nothing written to them.  For some reason unraid has only written to one of my three 10TB drives which is now full and is why I believe the cache drive is full, it has nowhere to write it’s content to. 

I have forced the write now option and nothing happens except a log file gets generated that says cache drive is full.

In Global Share Settings my enable disk shares is set to Auto, included disks is set to All and excluded disk is set to none.

Looking at my share settings Allocation method is set to High-water, minimum free space is set to 0KB and Split level is set to Auto split only the top level directory.  Included disk is set to ALL and excluded disk is set to none.

On my Main tab looking at my array devices is sees all of my hard drives and says Array of four devices.  Looking at the total space of my array it lists 30TB

On my Dashboard under Array it lists all four disks and has a green active status for all of them.

I have stopped the array and restarted it.  I have rebooted the machine.  I have not run a Parity check because I don’t want my server to be down for 4 days like it was when I did my first parity check. 

The only installed plugins on my machine are community Apps, Dynamix SSD TRIM, Dynamix system buttons, Dynamix system Statistics, Fix common problems and Unassigned Devices. 

If I look at my Shares tab it has the names of my three folders that I am storing my content.  Under location it says Cache, Disk 1.  Could this be the issue?

Where should I be looking to figure this out?  Why would unraid see all of my drives show them healthy and active, but only write to one?  Did I screw up my configuration?  I am brand new to Unraid and so I expected a learning curve.  I’m just not sure what to do next because I have checked everything I can think of with my limited experience.

toadskingdom-syslog-20190821-0236.zip

Edited by MrToad

Start by setting the Minimum Free Space for the share to be larger than the largest file you expect to write to the share.

What value do you have set for the Use Cache setting for the share?

BTW:  instead of posting the syslog you should post the system diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics) as it provides those trying to help far more information about how your system is configured (and includes the syslog anyway).

3 hours ago, MrToad said:

Sorry about uploading the wrong file.  I set the Minimum Free space to 20TB and then stopped and restarted my array.  Same issue, cache drive is full.  under my share settings my Use cache disk is set to Yes.  I have included my latest diagnostic file.  I appreciate the help!!

toadskingdom-diagnostics-20190821-0540.zip 73.67 kB · 1 download

That means you need disks drives that are larger than 20TB and although that may happen one day we are not there yet :)   The setting is the amount of free space on a drive that will tell Unraid it should stop trying to use it if it falls below that value.  Did you perhaps mean to set it to 20GB?

Edited by itimpi
21 minutes ago, trurl said:

Split level sounds like the problem. 

I missed that and it is virtually certain to be the problem with it being set to 1.

7 hours ago, MrToad said:

Split level is set to Auto split only the top level director

This meant only the top level folder (the one corresponding to the share name) is allowed to be replicated across drives.  Once a sub-folder is created on a drive then all subsequent files for that folder (or a sub-folder) will be constrained to that drive.  in the event of contention between Allocation Method and Split Level for choosing a drive then Split Level always wins.

You have various ways to proceed:

• Relax the Split Level setting to be less constrained.   If you do not care which disk files end up on then you can set it to be unconstrained.   If not then a value appropriate to your chosen strategy needs to be used.
  • Manually move files from the full drive to another one to free up room on disk1 .   There are a variety of ways to achieve this such as the built-in Midnight Commander (mc) CLI tool; the unBalance plugin; graphical docker containers such as Krusader or Dolphin; across the network using your preferred file manager in your client OS.

A combination of these is also possible depending in what strategy you want for spreading files across disks.   If you give information in what you want to end up with we can give some advice.