Docker template specification confusion

BLuFeNiX

I just built my first Unraid server a few days ago, and now I'm trying to create a docker container for it. I actually have one up and running, which I pieced together by looking at the template specification and a couple of existing template repos (limetech's and binhex's).

The problem is that the template specification between the above wiki and some of the repos XMLs does not match. It seems that there was a schema change that's not reflected in the wiki.

Is there an up-to-date schema document?

Edited by BLuFeNiX
typo

Just as an FYI, the only xml schema that is supported (and has been this way since the introduction of docker on unRaid) is that which is produced by the GUI.  Since there's nothing that you can do in the schema that you cannot do in the GUI, documentation on the schema itself does fall by the way side since for all intents and purposes it is an internal data structure that no one ever has any need to even look at.

That being said, there are a few CA specific entries which can be added, which are fully documented and kept up to date via a link in the post which @trurl previously linked.

Edited by Squid
On 9/13/2019 at 10:17 AM, trurl said:

Disable docker service and wait for it to complete shutdown of dockers, then it will let you edit settings for docker, including authoring mode.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:23 AM, Squid said:

Just as an FYI, the only xml schema that is supported (and has been this way since the introduction of docker on unRaid) is that which is produced by the GUI.  Since there's nothing that you can do in the schema that you cannot do in the GUI, documentation on the schema itself does fall by the way side since for all intents and purposes it is an internal data structure that no one ever has any need to even look at.

That being said, there are a few CA specific entries which can be added, which are fully documented and kept up to date via a link in the post which @trurl previously linked.

Thanks guys. This makes sense, but I wish it were better reflected in the documentation. It seems that much of the unraid knowledge base is fragmented across old forum posts. What's the general consensus of when to trust the wiki versus when to search the forums for a more correct answer?