OMV Striped Array in UnRaid

paulrbeers

Here's my dilemna:

Use Case: I have a 10gb network at my house use SPF+ and all my "servers" and my main desktop are connected via the 10gb network and the rest of the network is on 1gb ports.  The reason for this, is I transfer a lot of video files between my main desktop and my servers (some being full extended Blu Ray rips of 70+GBs).   

Issue:  I currently use Open Media Vault with 4x8TB drives in RAID 0 (Striped) with a nightly RSync backup so I get 500MB/s Reads.   If I switch to using UnRaid, I'll only get around 150MB/s Reads since it will only pull from one hard drive.   Write's I'm not worried about since I plan to use a couple decent SSD's to keep my writes close to 500MB/s.   

My thought is to put 6-7 8TB hard drives into my UnRaid server and have 4 drives be solely dedicated for an Open Media Vault Virtual Machine so that OMV can create a Striped array for media storage.   1 - 8TB drive will be left for network storage for unraid (for ISO's and other data stores) and at least 1 - 8TB drive would still be used by UnRaid for parity purposes.   So I still get the benefit of various drives and parity calculations by Unraid, but I also end up with a network store that is 500MB/s or faster.  

Thoughts?  Is there a way to do this with Unraid directly without having to do a OMV VM?