USB 3.0 Issue

MaggifiXXL

Hey Guys,

im using a Bose 2.1 Speakersystem and everytime i hook it to my Gaming Windows VM after a short while the Driver locks up and the Spakers bring games or Videos to crash. So i thought its a driver issue ok, its done but i remembered while im in the Unraid test-phase the driver works flawlessly.

So i begun to tinkering around and set the USB controller in my VM from 3.0 qemu XHCI to 3.0 nec XHCI, this was worse and the driver hangs up immediatly.

Than i used the 2.0 connection and voillá everything works as expected.

So my question, is there any bug in the 3.0 controller or its a windows related issue? 

Thanks for Help :)

I am no expert in this area but I would like to suggest that you check to see if you are  using the latest BIOS version for your MB.  If there are more recent ones see what issues were addressed.  (USB3 has given problems when the Unraid boot/flash drive was plugged into a USB3 port.  The issue is usually that the boot drive will be 'missing in action'' by the time Unraid is fully booted.) 

Hey Frank,

unfortunately i cannot use the latest BIOS version as long the agesa isnt fixed. I would like to use GPU passtrough so im stuck with an older BIOS.

But the Flash and USB 3.0 idea is great. For flash im using the internal USB 3.0 header with an USB-A adapter. 

I will try and put the flash in the 2.0 Ports on the backside of the MB and report whats happened.