Plex can't see files on cache

I copied a bunch of video files from a USB drive to my Unraid movies user share. I can see the files on the movies user share in Windows File Explorer and I can see the files in the movies user share in the Unraid webGUI. However, when I run re-scan folders in Plex, it never sees the files when they're on the cache drive. I run Unraid Mover, then re-scan in Plex and only then will it see the files.

Is this some setting I have wrong or something about how external apps are able/unable to see files on the Unraid cache drive?

Thanks for any advice 🙂

Edited by Mark Deibert
Fixed a couple typos
1 hour ago, Mark Deibert said:

I copied a bunch of video files from a USB drive to my Unraid movies user share. I can see the files on the movies user share in Windows File Explorer and I can see the files in the movies user share in the Unraid webGUI. However, when I run re-scan folders in Plex, it never sees the files when they're on the cache drive. I run Unraid Mover, then re-scan in Plex and only then will it see the files.

Is this some setting I have wrong or something about how external apps are able/unable to see files on the Unraid cache drive?

Thanks for any advice 🙂

I guess the obvious question is what is your Plex configuration?