Server Not Loading - Unraid v6

Mogo

First off not sure if this is the right section, sorry if it is not.  I know I'm running unraid v6... not sure of the specific version though.  There was a parity check that failed after an hour thought it was strange.  Went and saw the server was constantly rebooting.

I did a manual shutdown from the power button on the case and turned it backed on.  What i saw was after picking to launch from gui, a few moments later the server would reboot.  This might be a hardware issue, not sure.  Is there any way to check or diagnose what the problem might be?  Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Mogo said:

I think i found the issue.. 2 out of 3 case fans cooling the hard drives were not spinning.  Is there anyway to get alerted if something like this happens again?

Do you have Unraid notifications enabled?    That would at least alert you if the disks started overheating.

29 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Do you have Unraid notifications enabled?    That would at least alert you if the disks started overheating.

I do.  I always get Disk X is hot etc.. whenever parity is being checked.  So i generally ignore those notifications.  In this instance it was valid,  unless the disks should not be hot when running parity?  Generally an alert is sent when it hits 51 degrees celcius.  The last time a parity check was done I even got a notice that the disk was overheated since it reached 56 degress celcius.

Are these temperatures normal or should I be concerned?

• 2 months later...

Thanks, I believe I resolved this issue. The temps for all hard drives are being reported below 30 degrees celcius now.  There was a setting in the bios of the motherboard that apparently was controlling the fans.  It was set on something like automatic smart control.  I disabled that and had the fan setting set to full.  The server is way louder now but at least the hard drives and overall server temperatures are way.. and I mean way lower.