OS not booting from USB on 12 drive unRAID box

keeperlink

I'm using A785GXH/128M motherboard with AOC 8-port SATA/SAS PCI-X card.

Everything worked fine until I decided to put in 12th drive. As soon as I connect 12th drive, OS stop loading from USB with message "No boot device found...". Remove any random drive, leaving 11 connected - the OS boots up, no matter if drive connected to MB or AOC SATA port, effect is the same. It seems a MB's BIOS problem. Does anyone has experience with such problems?

Thanks

Check to make sure your flash drive is the first boot device. Some BIOSes, when you add a drive, default to the new drive as the first boot device.

It was the first thing I checked. I put USB to load first and disabled all HDD. BIOS does recognize USB drive when I'm in setup, but when it comes to boot up OS, it doesn't see it.

Set your flash drive in the bios to emulate FDD and not HDD.  I think it has something to do with the bois not being able to boot off a hdd if there are more then 12 drives

I haven't heard this one before. Is this specific to this board?

OP, have you tried to re syslinux your flash drive?

Also, what power supply are you running?

• 3 weeks later...

You have to go into your controller BIOS and disable INT13H.

In this way the hard drives attached to the controller won't show up and won't mess up your boot order.

I'm using an AOC-SASLP-MV8 controller card and having the same problem. How do you go into the controller BIOS and disable INT13H?

Thanks.