Help needed custom Eclipse/Che docker

mheeniac

So far all the containers I wanted were conveniently available through the CA database. Now I wanted to run an Eclipse/che docker container, which is not available through CA.

Here is what I have tried:

• Use CA to search for Eclipse/che on DockerHub
  • Click install on the corresponding docker container (https://hub.docker.com/r/eclipse/che/)
  • Create a Port configuration to map a host port to to Container port 8080
  • Create a path configuration to container path /home/ (I had no idea what to put here actually)
  • Click apply and cross fingers
  • Receive the following error:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='che' --net='bridge' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -p '18080:8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/coder projects/':'/home/':'rw' 'eclipse/che'

Unable to find image 'eclipse/che:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for eclipse/che:latest not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

It is fair to say that I have absolutely no clue as to what I am doing. Where would I find the docker variables/paths/ports that I would need to configure? The docker hub page has no information. Your help is much appreciated.

23 hours ago, Siwat2545 said:

Can you change the repository to eclipse/che:rc

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I just broke my server trying to add some drives using a friend's PSU SATA power cable. Guess I found out the hard way that those are not standardised...

Anyways, I'll give this a go as soon as I have it back up. What is the :rc supposed to do actually, is it some flag to pull a specific release from the repo?

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll post my results as soon as I have them

I just broke my server trying to add some drives using a friend's PSU SATA power cable. Guess I found out the hard way that those are not standardised...

Anyways, I'll give this a go as soon as I have it back up. What is the :rc supposed to do actually, is it some flag to pull a specific release from the repo?

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll post my results as soon as I have them
By default unraid use :latest tag if the user does not specify the tag, however eclipse che does not have any image on that tag instead the image is on the rc tag

2 hours ago, Siwat2545 said:

By default unraid use :latest tag if the user does not specify the tag, however eclipse che does not have any image on that tag instead the image is on the rc tag

EDIT: I only now fully understand Jidovu's post, seems it is impossible to run this as a docker container in unraid.

ORIGINAL POST:

I have tried it and that does seem to pull it down. However, I believe that is all it does, it does not start it. I tried starting it from command line but to no success.

I then attempted to create the container entirely in command line using this source to no avail. I edited his line to be this:

docker run -it --rm -e CHE_HOST=<MY_UNRAID_IP> -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /mnt/user/appdata/data/:/data eclipse/che:rc start

as well as

docker run -it --rm -e CHE_HOST=172.17.0.2 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /mnt/user/appdata/data/:/data eclipse/che:rc start -e PUID=100 -e PGID=99 -v /mnt/user/appdata/che/:/config

It first pulled down about 8 other containers with it, I guess its dependencies, to eventually receive the following error:

INFO: (che cli): rc - using docker 19.03.5 / native
INFO: (che config): Generating che configuration...
panic: interface conversion: interface is nil, not syscall.Errno

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/docker/docker/pkg/term.tcget(0x1, 0xc82035f340, 0x0)
        /go/src/github.com/docker/docker/pkg/term/tc_linux_cgo.go:39 +0x7a
github.com/docker/docker/pkg/term.IsTerminal(0x1, 0xc8201af840)
        /go/src/github.com/docker/docker/pkg/term/term.go:74 +0x3b
github.com/docker/docker/pkg/term.GetFdInfo(0x175c660, 0xc820080008, 0x175c660, 0xc820080008)
        /go/src/github.com/docker/docker/pkg/term/term.go:45 +0x54
github.com/docker/docker/api/client.NewDockerCli.func1(0x0, 0x0)
        /go/src/github.com/docker/docker/api/client/cli.go:165 +0x5d5
github.com/docker/docker/api/client.(*DockerCli).Initialize(0xc820205c80, 0x0, 0x0)
        /go/src/github.com/docker/docker/api/client/cli.go:59 +0x47
github.com/docker/docker/cli.(*Cli).command(0xc8203ae3c0, 0xc8201afcd0, 0x1, 0x1, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
        /go/src/github.com/docker/docker/cli/cli.go:64 +0x6d3
github.com/docker/docker/cli.(*Cli).Run(0xc8203ae3c0, 0xc820082010, 0x27, 0x27, 0x0, 0x0)
        /go/src/github.com/docker/docker/cli/cli.go:86 +0x2bb
main.main()
        /go/src/github.com/docker/docker/docker/docker.go:63 +0x43c

goroutine 17 [syscall, locked to thread]:
runtime.goexit()
        /usr/local/go/src/runtime/asm_amd64.s:1721 +0x1

goroutine 21 [syscall]:
os/signal.loop()
        /usr/local/go/src/os/signal/signal_unix.go:22 +0x18
created by os/signal.init.1
        /usr/local/go/src/os/signal/signal_unix.go:28 +0x37

Edited by mheeniac