Unraid Server powers off after parity/read checks

Hi guys-

Have been using a synology 4 bay nas the last 2 years but this fall, decided to make the jump to unraid.

I've been gathering parts over the last few months and put my tower together last week.

My Setup:

aoros b450 pro wifi motherboard (updated to latest bios)

A ryzen 5 1600 cpu.

16 gb (8gb x 2) of ddr4 3200 sdram.

EVGA supernova 750w G+ psu

2x 12 tb WD whites for parity

2x 8 tb WD reds for data

2x 500gb Samsung 860 evo SSD's for cache

128 gb usb 3.0 sandisk cruzer for unraid boot disk (I've bought a 16gb sandisk cruzer fit usb 2.0 drive after reading forums that 2.0 is better)

and an old video card laying around for initial setup.

Unraid boots up and i'm able to get into the web interface via the tower's ip address.

The array will start, a read check will occur. It will complete succesfully but then a few hrs later, my unraid server is offline and not accessible through the ip address or //tower address.

If i reset my tower, the server boots back up but then starts a parity 20+ hour parity check which completes but then goes offline not long after. rinse and repeat.

Is there a quick and easy solution to this issue that i'm overlooking? is one of my components bad? Do i need to do a fresh install?

I know this thing has potential and I feel that i'm so close, but it's frustrating to have it shut down every time.  Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Ryzen on Linux can lock up due to issues with c-states, make sure bios is up to date, then look for "Power Supply Idle Control" (or similar) and set it to "typical current idle" (or similar), or completely disable C-sates.

More info here:

Awesome. I'll try it out this afternoon. Will hold off on disabling c states and try idle control change first.

Edited by omartian
Grammar
23 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Ryzen on Linux can lock up due to issues with c-states, make sure bios is up to date, then look for "Power Supply Idle Control" (or similar) and set it to "typical current idle" (or similar), or completely disable C-sates.

More info here:

Is this an issue with the 1000 line from AMD?  Debating on getting a ryzen 3 3400g and not seeing folks having issues with that one.