Cannot write to cache brtfs pool issues?

leon

System hard crashed overnight while trying to pre clear disks.. no idea why but syslog was cleared out when I started up.

Dockers didn't start, so I restarted.. and dockers started and I mentally moved on. 

Then I starting seeing errors in sabnzbd about SQL commands failing and upon researching that I tried to clear out a history1.db file and got 

mv: cannot move 'history1.db' to 'history1.db.old': Read-only file system

Even though the file system is not RO.. then I tried to play something in plex. and that failed.. seems anything that needs to write/read cache is having issues.

DIag attached.

vortex-diagnostics-20191209-1611.zip

There's a hardware problem with one of the cache devices (cache1):

Dec  9 08:20:06 vortex kernel: BTRFS info (device sdd1): bdev /dev/sdp1 errs: wr 640215651, rd 458159560, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0

With SSDs this is usually a cable problem, see here for more info.

Try running a scrub first, but I'm seeing some transid errors, and these are usually fatal requiring a re-format.

OK i made a copy.. mor or less.. lots of errors just doing that.. and when i stopped the array the disk that was known to be question able disppeared.. then the remaining one.. if i start the array with just it.

Unmountable: No file system

not sure what I can do with this at this point

To update everyone. Formated the "working" cache drive.. assigned it back to cache.. copied backup back into place.. restarted.. all is well. Waiting for a parity build to finish then I'll reseat that original cache drive and install a bunch of new disks.

I lied.. now the other disk is bad?

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

Dec 9 19:31:59 vortex kernel: print_req_error: I/O error, dev sdp, sector 77578192
Dec 9 19:31:59 vortex kernel: BTRFS error (device sdp1): bdev /dev/sdp1 errs: wr 205, rd 961, flush 0, corrupt 0, gen 0
Dec 9 19:32:00 vortex kernel: sd 12:0:0:0: [sdp] tag#30 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x04 driverbyte=0x00
Dec 9 19:32:00 vortex kernel: sd 12:0:0:0: [sdp] tag#30 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 0d 74 2d 68 00 00 08 00
Dec 9 19:32:00 vortex kernel: print_req_error: I/O error, dev sdp, sector 225717608

fresh diag attached

vortex-diagnostics-20191210-0032.zip

SSD dropped offline again:

Dec  9 18:54:40 vortex kernel: ata9: limiting SATA link speed to 3.0 Gbps
Dec  9 18:54:41 vortex kernel: ata9: SATA link up 6.0 Gbps (SStatus 133 SControl 320)
Dec  9 18:55:11 vortex kernel: ata9.00: qc timeout (cmd 0xec)
Dec  9 18:55:11 vortex kernel: ata9.00: failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x4)
Dec  9 18:55:11 vortex kernel: ata9.00: revalidation failed (errno=-5)
Dec  9 18:55:11 vortex kernel: ata9.00: disabled

Did you do what I suggested in the link above, i.e., replacing the cables on that SSD?

You should also try connecting the SSD to a different controller, Marvell controllers are known to drop disks without a reason and for that and other reasons not recommended for Unraid use.

I had a bunch of new drives come in and was waiting for some screws lol... everything arriving today (I guess I just figured one drive was lose or something) It's a norco 24 drive system so it'll take me a bit to check all the cables but I'll do that and then try and move the ssd's on to one of the cards instead of onboard controller.