(SOLVED) crc error reporting

5hurb

My system has been running perfectly fine without errors using the motherboard sata and a cheap pci-e 5 port add in card but am looking to expand so am trying these sff8087- 4 port sata cards/cables but they are just not happy.

I am getting UDMA CRC errors coming through quite often. I have read up that its normally cables that cause the issues.

Tried 4 different cables and 2 different pci-e cards and am still getting these errors. 

LSI SAS 9207-8i 7.39.00.00 (2014.09.18)

IOCREST PCIe to 8 internal Ports SATA 6g (Do not recommend it just got it for testing)

1st set of cables are the generic ebay light blue ones. - Got alot more errors with these than the 2nd set.

2nd set of cables are from Startech@ 23x the ebay cost (The only ones available locally).

Does anyone know if there is a firmware/bios update that might solve this? or How bad is it if I ignore these just turn off error reporting for 199?

tower-diagnostics-20191224-1908.zip

Edited by 5hurb
missed Diag

You made that seem like a simple task...

3 motherboards later I've got it to update to 20.00.07.00 on an old AM3 with FreeDOS.

It used to have the error pretty much straight away. 10mins in nothing yet so fingers crossed. Speeds are still looking the same as before so its looking like a win.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :)

image.thumb.png.7aaf2a55188c6f2d703dd50cc43ae72c.png