Docker failed to start - After Disk Rebuild

dubbly

Happy New Year!

I had a disk in my pool fail and upgraded one of my dual parity drives and moved the smaller parity to the pool.  Used the parity swap procedure to copy parity.  The procedure completed and now the failed drive in the pool is rebuilding.  My server is running 6.8 and it shows the following error the "docker failed to start".  The system has dual parity and dual cache drives. 

Could someone take a look at the following log and give me some advice on what to do?  Secondly, should I wait for the drive to finish rebuilding before trying fix the docker issue?

Thank you in advance!

tower-diagnostics-20200101-0841.zip

Edited by dubbly

Your docker image doesn't seem to be mounted for some reason. It is far larger than necessary anyway. Why have you set it to 70G? Have you had problems filling it. 20G should be more than enough and making it larger will not help anything.

And your system share has files on the array instead of all on cache like it should.

libvirt image isn't mounted either. Do you have any VMs?

Go to Settings - Docker, disable and delete docker image. Then post a new diagnostic.

Thank you - question 

Docker size:  a year ago I had problems with it filling and increased the size. I resolved that issue. However, didn’t know if I could reduce the size without causing a problem.

Should I reduce the size at the same time that I delete the docker image?

System share has files on the array:  not sure how this happened.  Suggestion in how to resolve?

libvirt: I have one VM that I haven’t used in a while this is the lowest priority of the issues from my opinion

23 minutes ago, dubbly said:

Should I reduce the size at the same time that I delete the docker image?

System share has files on the array:  not sure how this happened.  Suggestion in how to resolve?

After you disable and delete the docker image, do not enable it again. You can change the size later when you enable it, but for now I want to see if any of your system share is still on the array.

What often happens is someone will enable docker and/or VM service before installing cache, so those images get created on the array. And mover can't move open files so they get stuck there.

I would be willing to wipe the VM and start over.  I only use it very occasionally.  See below:

ls -lah /mnt/cache/system/libvirt

total 1.0G

drwxrwxrwx 1 root   root    22 Jul 21 14:10 ./

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   26 Jul 21 14:10 ../

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 1.0G Jan  1 10:13 libvirt.img

~# ls -lah /mnt/disk3/system/libvirt

total 102M

drwxrwxrwx 2 root   root    25 Jul 21 14:10 ./

drwxrwxrwx 3 root   root    21 Jul 21 14:10 ../

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 1.0G Jul 22 20:02 libvirt.img

root@tower:~# 

Again thank you for your assistance.