QubesOS as KVM VM

Hi there guys,

I have been using Unraid for almost a month now. I use it to pass my main GPU to a Windows VM and it works just out of the box, sweet. Now the big but... BUT I want to use QubesOS as my everyday OS (reasons). I have a second GPU (NVIDIA Quadro 600) built into my setup. I cannot get the QubesVM running. Has anyone of you guys tried it. The installer wont even show. When I installed Qubes native I had to deactivate IMMOU to install and activate it later on.

At the moment I am running Unraid in triple boot with the Windows VM (SSD passthrough) and QubesOS.

Cheers,

Bash

//edit1

I guess the problem are the BIOS settings.

Edited by TheBash
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well the Quadro 600 was not the problem, it works like a charm with a bios rom ;) But the real problem was my AMD CPU and passing through all the features. When I configure a VM with VMM from my Ubuntu WSL I can boot from the image but the Qubes Installer still shows the error that vt-d and all the stuff for virtualization is not enabled. Guess I have to do some more improvement in the EFI file.