Port Forwarding Issue

Sargie

Hello! I hope someone can help me figure this out!

I port forward from my router to a BitTorrent Docker on my Unraid box. This has worked just fine for months

Two days ago, the port that is being forwarded to the box stop being seen as "open".

Nothing had changed on the router and I had not made any manual changes to the settings of the client.

I've rebooted my entire network infrastructure, changed the port to a different port multiple times. I've tried different BitTorrent dockers.

Nothing seems to work.

If I forward the same port to a BitTorrent client on my desktop machine, the port is opened just fine.

It's very frustrating! :)

It's like the Unraid box won't open any ports.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on here...

Thanks!

Sarge

Since each torrent client has its own unique way of handling incoming ports, and each container is somewhat unique even if it's hosting the same client, there is no way a single answer can cover every container. You need to pick a specific container, follow the instructions to set it up, read through its support thread, and post to that container's specific support thread if you still can't get it working. You can find a container's support thread by clicking on the container icon in the unraid GUI, the popup will have a link to support.

• 2 months later...

I posted this on my original post, but thought I'd share here too:

I figured it out, I have no idea why this worked.

I decided to leave docker on, but turn off all of my containers and start them up one at a time, each time testing my port forwards externally. For some reason my transmission vpn container causes my server to stop serving data to wan requests. My solution was to put set it up as a vrb0. Port forwarding is now restored to all of my services. I hope this helps someone out there.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

omfg your right i was looking for this for week and i turn off my transmission-openvpn from haugene btw and it all work
i realy wonder wy it does that

On 3/31/2020 at 10:30 AM, Matthew Kent said:

I posted this on my original post, but thought I'd share here too:

I figured it out, I have no idea why this worked.

I decided to leave docker on, but turn off all of my containers and start them up one at a time, each time testing my port forwards externally. For some reason my transmission vpn container causes my server to stop serving data to wan requests. My solution was to put set it up as a vrb0. Port forwarding is now restored to all of my services. I hope this helps someone out there.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:03 PM, turkushan said:

omfg your right i was looking for this for week and i turn off my transmission-openvpn from haugene btw and it all work
i realy wonder wy it does that

I totally forgot about this issue, glad I was able to help.

think it was transmission related, I've since switched to QBit Torrent and haven't has any issue since other than it randomly crashing a few times a a week.