Share appears empty after rebuilding server.

Grrrreg

Hi, 

My USB died yesterday.  I had to manually create a new USB, and transferred the license.  First parity sync finished, and I've replaced a failing drive, new parity sync/rebuild in process.  I started to redownload docker containers, and I noticed my Downloads share appears empty, but when I user Krusader to try to create the missing subfolders, it says they exist.

Upon further checking, there are other shares that appear to be empty now. :(

I've attached the current syslog file and diagnostic logs.   I think I need to check the xfs file system on all the data disks as my next step, but the array is currently parity sync and data rebuilding the replacement disk.  I'm assuming I need to wait for the parity sync and rebuild to finish, then stop and start the array in maintenance mode, and check each disk individually.  Does that sound correct?

Any and all help appreciated!   Also, any advise on best why to install containers and other features after rebuilding without a valid flash config backup.

Thank you and hope everyone is having a good weekend.

-Greg

seine-syslog-20200112-2205.zip

seine-diagnostics-20200112-1417.zip

Edited by Grrrreg
Adding log files and diag log

That's the disk, WD 4TB that was disabled for errors,  that's been pulled and is rebuilding on a replacement drive, WD 12TB white.  Should I wait for the rebuild to finish and then check the file system on the rebuilt drive?  Currently estimating 2 days to finish parity sync/rebuild.

Or, should I stop the rebuild, replace the original drive, check/repair the file system, sync parity, and swap the drive after that?   So much to learn....

Thanks!

Edited by Grrrreg
Clarification
8 hours ago, Grrrreg said:

That's the disk, WD 4TB that was disabled for errors,  that's been pulled and is rebuilding on a replacement drive, WD 12TB white.  Should I wait for the rebuild to finish and then check the file system on the rebuilt drive?  Currently estimating 2 days to finish parity sync/rebuild.

Or, should I stop the rebuild, replace the original drive, check/repair the file system, sync parity, and swap the drive after that?   So much to learn....

Thanks!

If that is the disk being rebuilt, then the errors are coming from the ‘emulated’ drive whose contents are currently being rebuilt and will still be there after the rebuild (a rebuild does not fix file system corruption).   I always recommend that the repair is run on the emulated drive before attempting a rebuild as the rebuild process simply replicates onto a physical drive the exact contents of the emulated drive (including any file system corruption).     

at this point I would think you are best off waiting for the rebuild to finish and then running a file system check/repair on the rebuilt drive.   If your parity was good it should repair satisfactorily.   Keep the original drive intact as a fall back for recovering data.