Windows 10 VM to rip bluray collection

Hello all,

I have an "old" desktop (Phenom X6 1055T + 8gb ram + Geforce GTX950) - My daughter uses it to play Sims, that's pretty much it

I also have my Unraid Server that I use as a Vanilla server (don't have much choice anyway since it's a very old AMD Athlon X2 250 with 4gb ram....parity checks are painfully slow)

I was considering upgrading my desktop with a used Ryzen 5 1600 I may be able to get for $30 to be able to rip my bluray collection (way too slow with the current X6 1055T). And my daughter would also use that new build to keep playing Sims

Then I thought why not combine everything: upgrade my server with that Ryzen 5 1600, and use it as well for a virtual Windows 10 machine that my daughter can use for Sims, and me to rip blurays with MakeMKV and Handbrake

Is this feasible? Is the Ryzen 5 1600 powerful enough?

I know i will need a new motherboard.....Considering this one:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/510208/gigabyte-b450m-ds3h-amd-am4-matx-motherboard

Is this a decent choice?

Is 16GB ram (2 x 8gb) the bare minimum, or may be start with 1 x 16GB and upgrade later?

Also, I have no room in my current server case to install an optical drive...Can I use an external one thru USB3.0?

Thanks