Active Directory Docker

wrotruck

I'm interested in deploying some form of Active Directory as a docker and then using it for authentication for UnRaid resources SoHo clients.  I'm assuming that something Samba based is the cleanest option.

I'm considering trying to use https://github.com/Fmstrat/samba-domain.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Is this even a good idea?

Is there a better docker to use?

Is there a good reference guide for setting up a docker that doesn't have a template?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately you may be on your own for this one. To my knowledge very few people use unRAID with Active Directory. I would assume even fewer if any try to do so within a docker container. The only thing I can help with is to point out that Community Applications has a mode where you can search docker hub for images that are not in the CA list. From there you will presented with a (mostly blank) template to fill out for the docker image. Then its just a matter of adding whatever run parameters that the image requires (usually specified by the image author on the docker hub page) to the corresponding areas of the Dockerman template.

Edited by primeval_god