Won't boot after power supply upgrade

Hi All, 

First off, thanks in advance for your help!

My unraid setup was off one day and I realized the power supply was gone, and so I replaced it.

After powering up again, I can't seem to login to my server:

1. I detached all my drives and hoping to just load into the USB, and nothing

2. The ASROCK motherboard is fine because I can login into the ADMIN of motherboard.

I'm kind of lost now??

What steps do I need to take now?

Thx guys!

J

Hi Frank1940, 

Thx for responding.

I haven't connected to a monitor yet so will do that today, and see what I get.  

I'm not sure what you mean by USB booting into another computer...The USB is sitting in my ASROCK server motherboard, and all my other Unraid drives (6 drives, including cache + parity) are now disconnected.

(For safe measure, I backed up the contents of the USB unraid boot, but interestingly, when I put the USB in my windows laptop, a pop-up said,"There's a problem with this drive...Scan the drive now to fix" Of course I didn't do anything, but wondering if the frying of my power supply somehow corrupted the USB boot drive)

Let u know how it goes....

Your USB is corrupt.  I have had the same thing in the past every so often.  Windows was always able to fix it for me when this happened.  If it happens again in the future try doing a format (not a quick format) and recreate the USB from a backup before replacing.  Also after the USB is fixed be sure to take a backup.   This is what fixed the corrupt USB permanently for me.

Edited by Gragorg

Hi Gragorg,

Thx for the nice tip, appreciate it.

I'll work on this the coming weekend and report back.

Once I get it up and running, I'll need to figure out how to properly 're-assign' my drives, as I never took a snapshot of the original setup.  I also hope, as I re-plug my drives with the SATA connectors, that they don't have to match the original SATA connections as I don't remember the original setup either.  Anyway, one step at a time.

Thx!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Frank1940 and Gragorg,

Finally got to this with a bit of downtime from this crazy virus we're all going through. Hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy!

Wanted to say thanks to you guys for giving me the uplift to resolve this, which I inevitably did!

The USB was indeed corrupted and likely from the power surge I had which also fried my power supply.

All I had to do was:

1. re-create a new USB boot disk with a new USB drive,

2. copy over the config folder from my previous USB boot disk to the new USB boot disk,

3. reboot with new USB (but had to plug-in my monitor to set boot priority to USB, as well, fix the CMOS time clock)

4. reboot again, and voila it booted.

5. I did have to get a new URL registration key emailed to me once it booted

Thx you'allz!